Brian C. Axt
Resnick & Louis, P.C.
8111 E. Indian Bend Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Tel: (602) 456-6110
Brian has obtained the dismissal of several cases on pre-trial motions in both State and Federal Court and has also achieved excellent results while representing his clients at arbitration, mediation and trial. Brian was named a Southwest Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and was named one of America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys in 2019.
While in law school, Brian was on the Dean’s List for three semesters, was a member of the school’s National Trial Team and was also an Associate Editor of the Albany Law Journal of Science and Technology. Upon graduation, Brian was inducted into Albany Law School’s Justinian Society for students who graduate with honors.
- 2019 America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers
- 2019 Southwest Super Lawyers- Rising Star
- 2018 Southwest Super Lawyers- Rising Star
- 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers- Rising Star
- J.D., cum laude, Albany Law School, 2006
- B.S., Indiana University, 2002
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of corporate client at the trial of a property damage matter that involved allegations of negligently disposing of a motor vehicle at a recycling facility.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a homeowners association following a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge that involved allegations that the HOA Board was not properly enforcing the HOA’s covenants, conditions and restrictions.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of corporate client at the arbitration of a bodily injury matter that involved allegations of negligence in causing a motor vehicle accident.
- Obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a corporate client at the arbitration of a bodily injury matter that involved allegations that a wheelchair ramp at a bowling alley had been negligently constructed.
- Obtained summary judgment and the dismissal of a third-party complaint in a bodily injury matter that involved allegations against a corporate client that it was negligent in its renovation of a spa at an elderly community.
- Obtained summary judgment, costs and the dismissal of all claims on behalf of the manufacturer of an oil lubrication system in a products liability matter that involved a fire occurring in a harvester that resulted in the total loss of the harvester.
- Obtained summary judgment and the dismissal of a breach of contract matter that was based upon the failure to pay a termination fee pursuant to a commercial lease.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a general contractor on its contractual indemnification claim against its hired subcontractor in a bodily injury matter, including the reimbursement of $90,000 in attorneys’ fees.
- Obtained the dismissal of plaintiff’s negligence claim in a bodily injury matter based on it being barred by Workers’ Compensation law.
- Obtained the dismissal of a bar complaint before the State Bar of Arizona on behalf of a client that involved allegations of attorney malpractice.
At Resnick & Louis, we have established a competent and well-respected construction law practice. Our attorneys have impressive experience defending developers, contractors, subcontractors, home builders, architects, engineers, suppliers, and insurance companies in various aspects of construction litigation. Our lawyers’ comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the construction industry gives us the ability to provide excellent results for our construction clients throughout the states we represent.
Construction Defect Litigation Services:
- Additional insured obligations
- Architecture & engineering contracts and related litigation
- Construction accidents & injury claim defense
- Construction defect litigation, commercial & residential
- Construction contracts, disputes & review
- Delay claims
We are committed to providing our clients with the best available legal services in a timely and cost-effective manner. We understand the importance of time in the construction industry, and appreciate that legal claims or disputes may result in costly delays for our clients.
We are a mid-sized institutional and insurance defense law firm, with a unique coast-to-coast footprint. What truly sets us apart is our people. We created a team of diverse and experienced attorneys who pride themselves on achieving the best possible outcomes for each and every client. Our attorneys are seasoned professionals, 70% of which have 10-30 years of experience.
Our practice has strong expertise in the following areas:
- Hotels / Casinos
- Commercial & Personal Lines
- Bodily Injury
- Business & Corporate Law
- Commercial Litigation & Transactional
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning
- First Party Property Analysis
- Health Care Defense
- Hospitality & Retail Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Probate & Trust
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate & Title Defense
- Transportation & Trucking
- Workers’ Compensation
Resnick & Louis, P.C. has offices across the country in various major metropolitan areas. As a firm, we provide nationwide representation throughout many jurisdictions. In addition, we maintain an outstanding network of consultants, expert witnesses and other professionals who are readily available to assist in our clients’ cases. It is this ability to collaborate with other professionals in our network that truly adds to the quality of representation our clients receive.