Bradley J. Dixon
Givens Pursley LLP
601 W Bannock St
Boise, ID 83702
Tel: (208) 388-1261
Brad has amassed a significant portfolio of trial experiences in a variety of complex commercial disputes providing him with the creativity, knowledge and strategic know-how to do more than just litigate the steps of your case. As a trial attorney, Brad understands and excels within the entire spectrum of our dispute resolution system providing you with the best possible mechanism to resolve conflict, even if your case must be decided by a Judge and Jury.
A veteran of 17 jury trials, Brad brings a broad range of trial and litigation experience representing clients in disputes involving complex commercial litigation, construction litigation, noncompetition covenants, secured transactions, real estate, employment, insurance coverage and products liability.
Prior to joining Givens Pursley, Brad was a partner with Stoel Rives, LLP.
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Boise State University, B.S., 1997
- Idaho Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Honors & Recognition
- Named one of Idaho’s Leaders in Law by Idaho Business Review, 2015
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Litigation: General Commercial)
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, (Civil Litigation Defense) 2018
- Admitted to the International Association of Defense Counsel, 2008
- Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2004
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel, 2003-present
- Member, Idaho State Bar, Labor and Employment Section, 2002-present
- Recovered a $3.2 million dollar jury verdict on a breach of contract and professional malpractice claim on behalf of a developer in a construction law dispute against an architect that failed to design a large condominium project in compliance with accessibility requirements under the FHA and International Building Code.
- Successfully prosecuted a multi-million dollar construction delay claim in 2020 for a developer against a national contractor that delivered a downtown apartment building eight months beyond the substantial completion deadline, but sought to excuse the mismanagement based upon adverse weather.
- Successfully prosecuted a construction defect jury trial involving water intrusion.
Attorneys in our Construction Law practice group help our clients in all facets of design and construction, from assisting with early project conceptualization, negotiating and drafting design and construction agreements, and resolving complex design and construction defect lawsuits. We represent a wide variety of developers, owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and manufacturers within the construction industry.
We are experienced in drafting and facilitating both large and small construction agreements, and have expertise in conventional and cutting-edge project delivery and teaming methods. Our team of real estate and construction attorneys can take your project from its infancy to its final completion.
We routinely assist our clients in managing the logistics of the construction process, helping to promote a timely and satisfactory project. We help our clients negotiate and resolve permitting issues, change orders, construction delays, scope disputes, and payment issues during the construction process to help move the project forward.
We also assist our clients with mediating, arbitrating, and litigating complex design defect, construction defect, and payment disputes. Our attorneys have defended and prosecuted hundreds of construction matters, and have recovered several multimillion dollar verdicts on behalf of our clients.